"Food Chemistry (FOODCHEM)"
Research mainly concerns innovation in the analysis of complex food matrices including: volatiles, aroma active compounds, technological markers, process contaminants, biologically-active compounds and xenobiotics.
Main research topics :
- Advanced analytical techniques for volatiles profiling and fingerprinting;
- Analysis of the headspace composition through High Concentration Capacity Headspace Sampling techniques with a focus on aroma active compounds, technological indicators, process contaminants and botanical tracers;
- Profiling of biologically-active compounds in food;
- Advanced and automated analytical approaches for xenobiotics (contaminants, endocrine disrupting chemicals and pesticides) determination in food samples;
- Validation of analytical methods in agreement with official guidelines
- Data mining for targeted and untargeted data elaboration approaches;
- Multidimensional GC (GCÍGC-MS/FID) applied to food quality control and safety assessment
- Development of advanced data mining for targeted and untargeted elaboration of complex GCÍGC-MS patterns
- Available techniques: Gas Chromatography (GC, Fast GC, Comprehensive GCxGC), Liquid Chromatography (LC), Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS, GCxGC-MS, LC-MS).
- Headspace sampling: Static Headspace (S-HS), Dynamic Headspace (D-HS), Gas Phase Extraction (GPE), Solid Phase Microextraction (SPME, HS-SPME), Stirbar Sorptive Extraction (SBSE), Sorptive Tape Extraction (STE), and related techniques.
Omics approaches, Chemical profiling, Fingerprinting, Bioactive compounds in food, Food supplements, Aroma compounds, Process contaminants, Miniaturized sampling techniques, GC-MS, GCÍGC-MS, Headspace analysis, Advanced analytical techniques, Total analysis systems
Giract's Flavor Research Programme amongst PhD Students - Academic Year 2016 - 2017: http://www.giract.com/flavor-research-programme.php